Foster Care 101: Recruiting Parents for Foster Care and Adoption
September 8 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Let It Be Us Webinar on Zoom where we will be virtually sharing all of our information on Illinois foster care and adoption.
We will be covering:
1. Foster care licensing in Illinois.
2. Working with a Let It Be Us Foster Care Licensing Coach.
3. What is the difference between specialized and traditional foster care.
4. What are the ways to foster? Long term vs. short term.
5. What does “the child’s goal” mean? How is that determined? By whom? What role does the foster parent play?
6. Why do kids in care go to lots of different homes? Why do some end up in group homes?
7. What do most kids need from a foster parent?
8. How do you actually adopt from foster care?