- Adoptive Parent Recruitment , Foster Parent Recruitment
- December 6, 2018
Whether your goal is to be a foster parent or your goal is to adopt through foster care, your very first step is to obtain a foster care license. In Illinois you need to be a foster parent to a child for 6 months before you can adopt him or her. (This applies to traditional agency adoption and to international adoption as well.) To move forward, go to www.LetItBeUs.org and consider the following:
* Visit “ways to help” and you will find a digital map of all foster care licensing agencies in Illinois.
* Attend a Let It Be Us Adoption and Foster Care Information Fair. You will find them under “events.” You will meet many agencies and hear from our panel of experts.
* Register for “news alerts” which will allow you to be among the first to learn of children in emergent need.
* Stay in touch with Let It Be Us via our email newsletter and join our registry of families.
* Attend a Let It Be Us Fundraiser and get to know us. We are a leadership group of committed foster and adoptive parents and we started Let It Be Us to make a difference – and we suspect you want to make a difference too.
Let It Be Us is a 501(c)(3) with the mission of adoption and education of children in Illinois foster care. You can learn more about their work at www.LetItBeUs.org.