- Adoptive Parent Recruitment , Foster Parent Recruitment , Heart Gallery
- May 2, 2018
May is National Foster Care Month and Let It Be Us is encouraging everyone to make a difference in the life of a child in foster care. Here are some ways to help:
- Pay a visit to some of the children who are awaiting adoption from foster care. Visit the Heart Gallery of Illinois – the State’s photo listing site of waiting children.
- Become a Mentor to a child in foster care living in a group home – they don’t even have foster parents – and we are in dire need. Apply here.
- Donate to send a child in foster care to camp – either day camp or overnight camp – it’s what every kid wants and summer is almost here.. Donate here.
- Attend one of the Let It Be Us Foster and Adoptive Parent Recruitment Events. Hear from our panel of experts and learn about the waiting children. See all of our events.
- Start a service project and help fill “Our Closet” which holds immediate supplies of diapers, formula, bottles, sleepers, snacks, crayons and coloring books for children entering foster care, which is always an emergency and a traumatic event. Learn more here.
- Invite Let It Be Us to speak to your organization, school, or community center. Contact our Executive Director here.
- Attend our 5K and run/walk – May 19 – with experienced foster and adoptive parents or come just to support our work in building families and changing the lives of children. Register here.
Illinois is home to almost 17,000 children in foster care, and 54% will never return home. These are OUR children and they need us. Thank you, as always, for your support and thank you for being one of the US in Let It Be Us.