- December 6, 2022
Let It Be Us welcomes individuals and businesses to celebrate this holiday season of giving by participating in its third annual Toy Drive to benefit children in foster care in Illinois.
In 2021, Let It Be Us was thrilled to collect more than 1,500 high-quality toys for children in foster care. We hope to inspire the community at large to exceed that number in 2022, as there are thousands of children in foster care every day in Illinois.
“We can see this doubling to 3,000 gifts to be donated this year, and we are humbled and amazed by the outpouring of support from those who support us in our efforts to help children in foster care,” said Bob Noonan, Let It Be Us board chairman and member at Hawthorn Woods Country Club for 15 years. Hawthorn Woods Country Club is a founding supporter of the Let It Be Us Toy Drive.
The Let It Be Us Toy Drive will be available to receive new, unwrapped gift donations at the following locations:
• Hawthorn Woods Country Club, 1 Tournament Drive, Hawthorn Woods. Accepting toys through Dec. 16.
• Phillips Men’s Wear, 123 E. Station St., Barrington. Accepting toys until Dec. 24.
• Let It Be Us headquarters, 145 W. Main St., Barrington from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 15.
This year’s Let It Be Us Holiday Toy Drive is co-chaired by Liz Luby and her mother, Suzanne Luby.
“As longtime local Realtors, we’ve devoted much of our lives to helping people find homes. That’s why Let It Be Us’s mission to inspire foster care and adoption in Illinois hits home with us. In any way possible, we want to be part of their efforts to match waiting children with loving families. We’re excited to support the third annual Let It Be Us Holiday Toy Drive for children who have yet to find their future homes. We hope you’ll join us in bringing a little more joy to their lives as they dream of their future families this holiday season,” the Lubys said in a joint statement.
All are encouraged to bring new, unwrapped toys which will be delivered to the most vulnerable children in foster care in Illinois in time for the holidays. Donations of wrapping paper, ribbon and tape would also be appreciated.
Here is a list of the gifts most needed this year:
• Gift cards for teens from Target, Walmart, Jewel or Amazon
• For babies: Pack ‘n Plays
• For younger children: Art supplies, Paw Patrol, puzzles (including for 12-24 months), dinosaurs, Hatchimals, Peppa Pig, Mindcraft, science and craft kits and board games for any age
• Kid’s Polaroid cameras and film
• Mega blocks
• Melissa & Doug kitchen sets
• Chess and checkers sets
• Tool kits and tool belts
• Basketball hoops for the door, baseball gloves, and balls and hats
• Bluetooth speakers or earbuds
• EZ Bake ovens and mixes
• Lite-Brite and Play Dough kits
• Cubs or Bears or Bulls merchandise
Not able to shop for a gift this year? Make a direct donation to this program by Dec. 14 and Let It Be Us will shop for you. To make a safe and secure donation, visit letitbeus.org/donations/toy-drive-2022.
About Let It Be Us