Black History Month: Activities to Celebrate
- Foster Care
- February 3, 2023
Celebrate Black History Month with events both in-person and virtual
In honor of Black History Month, we’ve put together a list of activities that celebrate the history, arts, and culture of Black History. Check out the events below – some are in person and some are virtual, making this a perfect list for families living all over Illinois!
- Armour Seminar Series presents Black in STEM at the Chicago’s Field Museum: Virtual events beginning February 1
- History of Black Photography at the DuSable Black History Museum and Education Center: February 8, 2023, from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Paint and Sip: Martin Luther King Jr. Portrait Chicago Public Library at West Chicago Avenue, for kids ages 6-13: February 9, 2023 at 4:30 pm
- American Writers Museum – Learn about the life of Fredrick Douglass: Virtual exhibits all month long
- Watch the movie Devotion, which highlights the story of Jesse Brown, the first Black aviator in the U.S. Navy in theaters and streaming.
- Visit to the Springfield and Central Illinois African American History Museum
- Check out a new restaurant during Chicago Black Restaurant Week: February 12 – 26, 2023
- Black Creativity Career Showcase at the Museum of Science and Industry: February 25, 2023, from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
About Let It Be Us
Let It Be Us is an Illinois nonprofit organization and an Illinois licensed child welfare agency dedicated to changing the landscape of foster care and adoption in Illinois. Our mission is to inspire foster care and adoption so more children in care grow up in stable, healthy homes. Funds raised will go to programs that build a strong and innovative bridge between our waiting children and foster and adoptive parents. Learn more at letitbeus.org