Let it Be Us is a nonprofit organization dedicated to changing the landscape of foster care and adoption in Illinois – our mission is to inspire foster care and adoption. Funds raised will go to programs that build the strong and innovative bridge between our waiting children and foster and adoptive parents.
Let it Be Us envisions a future in which our most vulnerable children have the opportunities and resources they need which can best be met by belonging in a family.
Our Goals and Initiatives
(Contact our Executive Director to learn more.)
- Advocate on behalf of all children within Illinois foster care
- Recruit foster and adoptive parents for all children in Illinois foster care
- Provide licensed and waiting foster and adoptive parents for children referred to our programs through our partner agencies
- Host recruitment events throughout the most populated areas of Illinois
- Curate, publish and manage the Heart Gallery of Illinois – the Illinois photo listing of children awaiting adoption
- Publish “Wednesday’s Children of Illinois” – a Let It Be Us publication featuring waiting children
- Create awareness of “foster to adopt” options through media campaigns and adoption recruitment events
- Direct support service projects to benefit children in foster care
Let It Be Us provides on-going fundraising efforts to support their mission
(Contact our Director of Fundraising to be involved.)
- 5K Walk/Run & Festival at Citizen’s Park, Barrington, Illinois each Spring
- Golf Outing at Hawthorn Woods Country Club, Hawthorn, Illinois each Fall
- Spring Fundraiser “Be Mine” held in Chicago, Illinois
- High School Teen Board Fundraisers
- Young Professionals Group Fundraisers
We are seeking corporate and foundation partners. This is an opportunity to be a part of groundbreaking entrepreneurial efforts that will make a difference in the lives of Illinois children. If this mission fits with your organization’s philanthropy goals, contact our Director of Fundraising to learn more about Let it Be Us and how you can be involved.
Our Diversity Policy
Let It Be Us is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and Child Welfare Agency licensed through the State of Illinois. Our programs significantly change outcomes for the children we serve. We increase the number of Illinois licensed foster homes through recruitment programs and events, we educate new foster parents and directly refer them to agencies via our experienced licensing coaches, we manage a database of open and licensed homes to serve children in emergent need and those who are challenging to place by working with caseworkers and investigators to make faster and stronger placements. We also offer direct support to children in foster care that we serve. Let It Be Us is open and inclusive of all races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual identity. We serve all children and believe all deserve a loving home.