Let it Be Us is a nonprofit child welfare agency dedicated to the adoption and education of children within the Illinois foster care system. Funds raised will go to programs and projects that maximize the prospects of successful adoptions for these children and make this world a nicer place for them.
Let it Be Us envisions a future in which our most vulnerable children have the opportunities and resources they need which can best be met by belonging in a family.
Every moment a child waits in foster care, the less likely he or she is to be adopted.
Our Goals and Initiatives
- Advocate on behalf of children within the Illinois foster care system
- Recruit parents for children in emergent need or who are challenging to place
- Curate, publish and manage the Heart Gallery of Illinois – the Illinois photo listing of children awaiting adoption
- Create awareness of “foster to adopt” options through media campaigns and adoption recruitment events
- Liaise with the adoption and foster care community to provide support for children currently in the foster care system
- Provide training, scholarships, grants and other support vehicles for children within the foster care system
- Direct support service projects to benefit children in foster care
Let It Be Us provides on-going fundraising efforts to support their mission
- 5K Walk/Run & Festival at Citizen’s Park, Barrington, Illinois each Spring
- Golf Outing at Hawthorn Woods Country Club, Hawthorn, Illinois each Fall
- Spring Fundraiser “Be Mine” held in Chicago, Illinois
- High School Teen Board Fundraisers
We are seeking corporate and foundation partners. This is an opportunity to be a part of a groundbreaking effort that will make a difference in the lives of Illinois children. If this mission fits with your organization’s philanthropy goals, contact us to learn more about Let it Be Us and how you can be involved.